Sunday, December 27, 2009

When Your Thoughts Overtake You

I'm on a flight to Tokyo as we speak, and I am typing this on the plane to be posted once I connect to the Internet again. How was everyone's holiday? Mine was decidedly un-holiday-like. Most disappointing. I'm a bit disappointed altogether by this year's holiday season. Mostly, because it has completely passed me by. Perhaps it never was as big of a deal as I have it planned out in my head to be. I had imagined that once the season came close, that there would be so many strings of lights and tinsel that I wouldn't even be able to ignore it. It hasn't been like that at all. Not a single fake Santa Clause, and precious few lights at all this year. My biggest dose of any holiday at all was on December 25, when I went to a party. I was wearing black.

I haven't even really raked in the Christmas cash yet either. The one thing I look forward for this part of the year is definitely the income that I manage to rake in over 2 weeks or so. It hasn't really happened. It's too bad. I was looking forward to doing my part in setting the economy straight too.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment